Website for Parish Councils
As you are aware from April 2015 a new local audit framework (processes and procedures)
was put in place following the Audit Commission closure.
We can help your parish comply with the new Local Audit and Accountability Bill regarding transparency laws for parish councils.
Whilst some parish councils may be happy with a simple site just to ensure compliance with the the new transparency regulations, some may want to make the most of the opportunity and make their website an interesting portal for local events, businesses and news within the parish – a real hub of the community!
Whatever you want we will do the best job for your ££s and then some – we take pride in what we do and making our clients look good is all part of what we do.
In a nutshell we provide websites which are:
- Custom designed, interesting and colourful web pages that really showcase your parish and keep the locals informed in an attractive way.
- Responsive web layout so your site will view clearly and quickly on any mobile device just as well as they do on your desktop computer.
- Built on a CMS platform so you can easily edit, add content and upload documents.
Whatever you decide on, whether simple and functional or an all singing all dancing site with bright images, news and village information, we can provide it.
From a simple compliance site to a custom designed site we’ve got you covered
We build in WordPress – an easy to edit and update Content Management platform – simply login to make changes, add images, etc or ask about our monthly maintenance costs and we’ll do it all for you.
|FEATURE LEVEL||Simple Compliance||Compliant Plus||Premium|
|Custom branded using your own colours, logo & images||✔||✔||✔|
|Custom designed using your own colours, logo & images||✔|
|CMS – the ability to easily edit the content||✔||✔||✔|
|Social media links
ie. Facebook Logo, Twitter as required
|Domain Name (if required) – 1st year free||✔||✔||✔|
|Search Engine Submission||✔||✔||✔|
|Blog / News Page||✔||✔|
|Top slider image/s||✔||✔|
|Ability to upload images
|Multiple Member Login||✔|
|Inclusion of general parish information pages||✔|
|No of Pages||Up to 5||Up to 15||Up to 40|
* The price for the Premium site is a guide only – the actual pricing is dependent on a final brief and other factors such as how much image and content work is required, if current news content, etc needs to be transferred and other custom coding that may be required. Costs do not include monthly maintenance to keep the site updated and secure. This can be done on a monthly basis for £25 ex vat. If the cost of a website seems daunting, ask about or monthly payment terms and spread the cost.
There are other Premium functions not mentioned here, anything is possible, just ask. Get on touch for a quote today.
We can help you choose and register a suitable domain name if necessary.
Domain names start from £4.99 (.co.uk) or £9.99 (.com/.eu /.net) per year.
Hosting, and Managed Hosting
Web hosting is a necessary requirement for a website. If you don’t already have a website or hosting we can advise and help set up your own hosting – costs usually run starting from £10.00/month (dependent on the size and requirements of your site and where it is hosted).
If you choose managed hosting we host your site on a VPS (Virtual Private Server), so you are not sharing a server with lots of other people and are less likely to have security issues We also run ongoing security updates, a daily website backup and general upkeep of the your site.
1. Basic Managed Hosting – £45/month
Includes all hosting on a VPS, auto back-ups, running all updates, etc. Edits to the website itself charge as extra.
Restoring the website charged as extra.
2. Managed Hosting Premium – £65/month
Includes all hosting on a VPS, auto back-ups, restore to site if hacked, running all updates, etc.
Edits to the website itself charge as extra.
We take your website security seriously, and although nothing is 100% secure, we make sure we do everything we can to keep your content and site safe. Things like keeping theme and plugins updated at all times, utilising security plugins like iThemes Security and Wordfence, and using a CDN (Content Delivery Network) like Cloudflare to improve performance and protect from DDOS and other types of external attacks.
Help and Advice
We are here to help, advise and offer suggestions for you to make the most of your online presence – so email or give us a ring on 01295 250727 for an informal chat.
Get in touch today!